Re: Controlling only delay using HTB without stealing excess bandwidth

I dont talk about clasfying packets this part is almost not implemented in
hatb but we can yse iptables anyway for very complex situations so no
problem.

but htb dont have enough features, for example you can set shaping function
rate is not usefull at all because it is almost everytime 1 kb/s if you
decide to divide 250kbit into 60 classes
it cant be extended like iptables and too much optimized for speed. I would
like to have very wide range of features and shaping functions.
looks like hfsc is little more promissing than htb. the only shaping
function of htb is "everything(ceil) or rate"

In my htb vs iptables comparion I was trying to say that you will cant use
word "impossible" with iptables what cant be said about htb.
how to set foe example this: if class A takes at least 3kbit then lower ceil
of class B from 100 to 80 kbit? ( to decrease latency)
or if ip X (diferent ports) belongs to class A and class B(completely
diferent clases that dont have any relation)  then how to make them limit
rate separately and at once ? At least it is possible to set ceil by using
policers.

Anyway it have enough features to be quite usefull, but I think it would be
much better if htb was implemented as netfilter module, it could be much
more powerfull then.