HTB --> fw and u32

hi,

I have the following problem I have to classify packets based on iptables-mark and on u32 filter...
My idea was to set

root-------> classX
 |------------------> classY

and then in the root to have a filter that on iptables-mark to direct it to classX, and then in classX to setup u32 filters
that further classify the packets.
Then in the root put the same u32 filters. So that (pseudo code):

>root
if fwmark == 2 then  classid classX
else
    u32 filter1 .....  flowid classY-child1
    u32 filter2 ..... flowid classY-child2
    u32 filter3 ..... flowid classY-child3

>classX
    u32 filter1 .....  flowid classX-child1
    u32 filter2 ..... flowid classX-child2
    u32 filter3 ..... flowid classX-child3

Now what I read in the LARTC docs :

9.6. Classifying packets with filters
You can't filter a packet 'upwards', by the way. Also, with HTB, you should attach all filters to the root!

Now this ruins my idea.... My config will not work with filters attached only on ROOT 'cause the filters are the
same. The only difference is the fwmark. But on the other hand there is no way to set in one filter both of these
mathces..

How to do what I want ?!
aaa and I can't use iptables only solution.. (meanwhile what is the maximum number of the --set-mark values possible and what
is the maximum numbers of classes and qdisc i can use).