Re[2]: Limit number of connections

Hello Rio,

Tuesday, September 23, 2003, 5:42:03 AM, you wrote:

Or you can use patch-o-matic connlimit + MARK.
"
This adds CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_CONNLIMIT match allows you to restrict the
number of parallel TCP connections to a server per client IP address
(or address block).

Examples:

# allow 2 telnet connections per client host
iptables -p tcp --syn --dport 23 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 2 -j REJECT
"

But i am not sure, it is perfomant solution.

RM> On Monday 22 September 2003 21:21, Mihai Vlad wrote:
>> Hello again,
>> I have a router/nat linux box. I managed to create some HTB classes and
>> everything is OK.
>> When perople are usig download managers like FlashGet and DAP (multiple
>> connection ones), the ceil limiting works okay,
>> but the rate parameter is somehow useles... The guaranteed bandwidth is
>> never reached.
>> So what can I do to limit the number of connections/computer?
>> I want to make sure that they do not use more than one connection for
>> the download manager.
>> Thanks in advance

RM> Actually this is not Bandwidth Limiter task,
RM> this is could be handled by your proxy, like Squid. Check the configuration
RM> and enable maxconn ACL for file types: .exe .tar.gz .zip .iso .. etc ..

RM> - Rio.Martin -

Best regards,
 Denis                            mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx