Limit number of connections

Hello again,

I have a router/nat linux box. I managed to create some HTB classes and
everything is OK.
When perople are usig download managers like FlashGet and DAP (multiple
connection ones), the ceil limiting works okay,
but the rate parameter is somehow useles... The guaranteed bandwidth is
never reached.
So what can I do to limit the number of connections/computer?
I want to make sure that they do not use more than one connection for
the download manager.

Thanks in advance