Re: HTB in a bridge+trunk

On Monday 22 September 2003 18:37, kristiadi himawan wrote:
> Dear All,
> Sorry if my question here ever asked before by someone else.
> I have configuration like this :
>                      |---------trunking------|
>                     V  eth0         eth1  V
>          router<--->bridge with htb<--->switch
> 202.xx.xx.227
> #!/bin/bash
> tc qdisc del dev eth0 root handle 1:
> tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 10
> tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 32kbit ceil 32kbit
> tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 24kbit ceil 24kbit

Watch out the default parameter, from your script it goes to classid 1:10
My suggestion, perhaps this is not right according to masters in this list (:
set the default to 0 (zero) until all settings correct and your bandwidth
manager operates successfully then define the default to class you have set
for unclassified traffic.
CMIW

Salam dari Bandung,
Rio Martin.