Re: CBQ.init

Hello everyone.

Rio Martin <rio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 September 2003 09:42, Mitsuru MIZUTANI wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > I am using CBQ.init to shape bandwidth but I have a problem.
> >
> > 	      Linux PC2 (192.168.0.10)
> >           +---------------------+
> >           |eth0 192.168.0.1     | ← Linux router
> >           |---------------------|
> >           |eth1 192.168.1.1     |
> >           +---------------------+
> >            Linux PC1 (192.168.1.10)
> >
> > I want to limit bandwidth from "Linux PC1" to "Linux PC2"
> > more than 10Mbps.
> > So I set CBQ.init following like this.
> > /etc/rc.d/CBQ.init
> > DEVICE=eth0,100Mbit,10Mbit
> > RATE=10Mbit
> > WEIGHT=1Mbit
> > PRIO=5
> > When I set RATE=6Mbit,I can limit bandwidth 6Mbps.
> > But I set RATE=7Mbit,8Mbit,...
> >      I can limit bandwidth only 6.95Mbps everytime.
> > Why?
> > Could you tell me how to limit bandwidth more than 7Mbps.
>
> Have you checked link quality before you applied CBQ and after you applied CBQ
> qdisc ? Perhaps this is caused by your switch, cable, etc.
>
> Once you have checked it all, than we consider to take CBQ as the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Rio Martin.

Thank you for your advice.
I have checked link quality before I applied CBQ and after I applied CBQ.
And ... I have checked switch, cable, etc.
I confirmed they are 100 Mbps full duplex.

But ... as a result,I could limit bandwidth only 6.95Mbps.
Do you know how to limit bandwidth more than 10 Mbps ?
If you know , please tell me how to limit bandwidth more than 10 Mbps.
Won't you please tell me, everyone ?

Thanks.
Mitsuru MIZUTANI