newbie - shaping a PSTN connection

Hi - I've been going through the LARTC how-to and have successfully used the
sample scripts (and wondershaper) with my xDSL links.

I'm now faced with the challenge of providing 8 users at work an effective
remote access connection over a PSTN ppp connection. The critical traffic in
this case relates to our stock enquiry application which is running over
terminal services.

I've been attempting to use the wondershaper script with this PSTN
connection - but don't seem to be able to improve latency at all. doing a
bit of research I've only really found references to shaping broadband
connections. Surely shaping of PSTN ppp connections is equally (probably
more) applicable?

I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the direction of
information relating to successfully providing my users high priority
terminal services traffic over the PSTN link.

I would also appreciate being shown where I might find a searchable archive
of this list.

Thanks in advance!

- Dan.

PS. in case you think I'm mad running 8 users over PSTN - it's just a
stop-gap while we wait for our SHDSL installations - which should be in by
the end of the month. In future I will be using the PSTN as a backup incase
the SHDSL goes down though - so any shaping work will not be lost!

__________________________________
Euroluce Lighting Australia PTY LTD
92-94 Tennyson Road, Mortlake, NSW 2137
Ph: (02) 9743 6099   Fx: (02) 9743 6406
http://www.euroluce.com.au/

The contents of this email are confidential. If you are not, or believe you
may not be, the intended recipient of this email, please let us know by
reply and then delete it from your system. You should not copy the message
or disclose its contents to anyone. No warranty or other assurance is given
by us that this email is free of any virus or any other defect or error.

and do not necessarily represent those of the company. If verification is
required please request a hard-copy version.

Scanned by Inflex - Queries to: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx