Re: Layer 7 application blocking via tc/iptables?

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 08:07, Derek wrote:
> Thanks, Steve,
>
> 	After I got the byte patterns and such, how might I go about
> blocking that? I can't very well set the rate to 0k or anything like
> that, so Ive been scratching my head on how to actually _block_
> something with iproute2. Hmm, If I pull together enough info, maybe I'll
> throw together a HOWTO or something.

I don't know enough to spoonfeed you on this.

Google will help.  keywords ;

u32 examples iptables block match pattern

Try http://www.policyrouting.org/PolicyRoutingBook/ONLINE/CH06.web.html
(see 6.4.4 u32 filter)

Consider using u32 to add a fwmark, and then an iptables entry to block
all with that fwmark.  You can place the fwmark on one machine, and then
iptables block it on another if necessary.

HTH,
Steve