Re: Layer 7 application blocking via tc/iptables?

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 08:28:38AM +1200, Steve Wright wrote:
> > After I got the byte patterns and such, how might I go about
> > blocking that? I can't very well set the rate to 0k or anything like
> > that, so Ive been scratching my head on how to actually _block_
> > something with iproute2. Hmm, If I pull together enough info, maybe I'll
> > throw together a HOWTO or something.
>
> I don't know enough to spoonfeed you on this.
>
> Google will help.  keywords ;
>
> u32 examples iptables block match pattern

If you change some keywords and use

layer 7 filtering iptables

after some clicking, you'll get at http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/
which is somewhat less ugly than trying to parse packets using the u32
etc filters.

Haven't tried it yet though, but this has far more potential.

VrGr,
--
Jasper Spaans               http://jsp.vs19.net/contact/

<==       You ask questions, we make insults...        ==>
<==              http://www.insultant.nl/              ==>