[LARTC] Ingress mode

Thanks Martin for valuable links, Iam going through it.
I want to apply traffic control rules for the incomming traffic to my
firewall, which is what we call it as Ingress mode, am I right....?
Just to confirm, suppose my firewall WAN interface is eth0 with IP
66.218.71.198 and LAN interface is eth1 with IP 192.168.1.2. So any
traffic from Internet---->WAN is where I want to do traffic control for
my LAN IP's. Hence amI right in saying that in ingress mode traffic
control will be happening at eth0 interface(or ppp0 interface, WAN with
ppp0 enabled).
I saw in the link documents that, for ingress we are using imq0, so how
this will fit into my scenario...?. I understood that in ingress mode we
have to drop the packets instead of queueing it like in egress mode, so
is it going to have any effects other than latency...?

-Raghu