[LARTC] Ingress mode

Raghuveer,

 : I would like to know whether can we do bandwidth management(traffic
 : control) for incomming traffic to firewall. For ex;- If my firewall WAN
 : interface IP is 203.145.1.2 and any data from internet comming to
 : 203.145.1.2 whether can be controlled...? If my total bandwidth= 512kb
 : and I want to allocate 100kb to a LAN m/c with IP 192.168.1.2 for http
 : traffic, how will I do it..?

If your linux host is not the source or sink for any of the traffic, you
can shape the inbound traffic on the inside interface of your bandwidth
management box.  If, however, the directly connected box is the source or
sink for traffic, you'll need to look at other options.

I would suggest considering IMQ.  (Search the archives.)

  http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amailman.ds9a.nl+IMQ
  http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amailman.ds9a.nl+IMQ+ingress

You can also use an ingress qdisc and a policer.  (Search the archives.)

  http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amailman.ds9a.nl+ingress+policer

And there's a recent posting on this topic:

  http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2003q3/009572.html

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown --- SecurePipe, Inc. --- mabrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx