Re: [LARTC] Proportionate sharing of excess bandwidth: still no go

Hi Raj,

 : I tried the recommendations of people on this list and tried tweaking
 : the QUANTUM values in my HTB configuration, but still have the problem
 : of the excess bandwidth not being shared proportionately between
 : different pools.

Could you tell us which interface is your "transmit to the Internet"
interface?

I speculate that you are shaping your upload bandwidth, not your download
bandwidth.  If my speculation is correct, perhaps you could try using the
same traffic control configuration on both devices (eth0 ? and eth1).
What happens then?

 : Am enclosing the set of tc commands I'm using to generate the pools.
 : The values have been desperately tweaked for some 4 hours, so some of
 : them may look a bit funny.

Your quantum setting seems awfully high to me.  I'd recommend removing any
reference to quantum before trying again.

 : Basically what I'm trying to achieve is that when PCs in (e.g.) 1:4 and
 : 1:5 try downloading at top speed, they should get bandwidths in ratio
 : of their rates, in a 64:100 proportion.  However, what actually happens
 : is that the 256Kbps downlink is shared equally between both the
 : classes.

Seems reasonable.

Best of luck,

-Martin