[LARTC] HTB for multiple users, good or bad approach?

Hi,

I have to share my internet connection (DSL) with
several other users and want to set up some kind of
traffic shaping, using HTB.

Some users do a lot of filesharing (which take almost
all available bandwith, leaving nothing for other users),
others do online gaming and therefore need guaranteed
fast interactive connections, normal traffic then is
somewhere in the middle and should be divided between
users.

The script I've come up with so far can be found there:
http://www.metamorpher.de/files/ipshape.sh

I tried to do the following classes setup:
(highest priority first)

# Class Layout:
#
# 1:1   - Line (DSL 768kbit down, 128kbit up)
#       |
# 1:10  \---- Interactive
#       |   |
# 1:101 |   \---- ping
# 1:102 |   \---- Gameserver
# 1:103 |   \---- MUDs
# 1:104 |   \---- ssh
# 1:105 |   \---- ...
#       |
# 1:20  \---- Users
#       |   |
# 1:201 |   \---- User A
# 1:2.. |   \---- User ...
# 1:2XX |   \---- User X
#       |
# 1:30  \---- Less Important Traffic
#           |
# 1:301     \---- Filesharing
# 1:302     \---- Local Traffic
# 1:303     \---- Unknown Traffic

I want any class to be able to take over the whole line if no other class
is active. Thus, I divided the rate values up (give every class some %
of bandwidth), but set all ceil values to maximum.

To shape incoming traffic, I attached these classes to the network
device through which packets are forwarded to the users.

Do you think that approach could work?
I don't quite know myself, because I can hardly find
any way to test it properly.

My script currently definitely does something,
as bandwith is limited. However, I still get
lots of (apparently) error messages I can't get rid of:

HTB: quantum of class 20101 is small. Consider r2q change.<4>HTB: quantum of class 20103 is small. Consider r2q change.<4>HTB: quantum of class 20104 is small. Consider r2q change.<4>HTB: quantum of class 20030 is small. Consider r2q change.<4>HTB: quantum of class 20002 is big. Consider r2q change.<7>htb*g j=90219489
HTB: quantum of class 10101 is small. Consider r2q change.<4>HTB: quantum of class 10104 is small. Consider r2q change.<4>HTB: quantum of class 10030 is small. Consider r2q change.<6>HTB init, kernel part version 3.7

Are those critical? I tried a wide variety of values for r2q,
but it didn't help.

Any help, opinions and other comments highly appreciated.

--
Andreas Klauer <andreas.klauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>