Re: [LARTC] Proportionate sharing of excess bandwidth: still no go

Hi Martin,

    Raj> : I tried the recommendations of people on this list
    Raj> and tried tweaking : the QUANTUM values in my HTB
    Raj> configuration, but still have the problem : of the excess
    Raj> bandwidth not being shared proportionately between :
    Raj> different pools.

    Martin> Could you tell us which interface is your "transmit to the
    Martin> Internet" interface?

    Martin> I speculate that you are shaping your upload bandwidth,
    Martin> not your download bandwidth.  If my speculation is
    Martin> correct, perhaps you could try using the same traffic
    Martin> control configuration on both devices (eth0 ? and eth1).
    Martin> What happens then?

This is for the `internal' (LAN) interface, eth1, which shapes
incoming traffic.  I'm running similar commands on the `external'
(WAN) interface, eth0, for shaping outbound traffic.  Not too
concerned about aspect, so omitted in the interests of brevity.

    Raj> : Am enclosing the set of tc commands I'm using to generate
    Raj> the pools.  : The values have been desperately tweaked for
    Raj> some 4 hours, so some of : them may look a bit funny.

    Martin> Your quantum setting seems awfully high to me.  I'd
    Martin> recommend removing any reference to quantum before trying
    Martin> again.

Originally it was something like 1500, 3000 and 6000 :)  Like I said,
I was fooling around with the values to see if it made any difference
at all -- as you can guess, it didn't.

    Martin> [snip]

Regards,

-- Raju