Re: [LARTC] Over value in CEIL parameter..

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 07:40, Martin A. Brown wrote:
> Hello again Rio Martin,
>
>  : I ve set CEIL parameter each class not more than 128Kbit But sometimes
>  : the CEIL parameter can be higher 128Kbit As far as i monitored, this
>  : CEIL rate can be 132Kbit maximum, dont know why..
>
> For how long does the monitored output traffic exceed your ceiling?  It is
> possible that you'll exceed your ceil briefly because the allotted traffic
> can exceed ceiling by the amount of cburst.
>
> If you are recording an output rate above your ceil (128kbit) consistently
> over a long period of time (a large transfer), then I, also, do not know
> why.
>
> [ Stef may have more to say about this. ]
132kbit - 128kbit = 4kbit and that's not much.  So I don't think you have to
worry.
Is this ceil parameter on a leaf class (a class with no child classes)?  Or
can you post you script?
Also, execute tc -s -d clas sshow dev eth0 and watch the ctokens.  They should
never be negative for that class.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx