Re: [LARTC] OUTPUT chain marking after or before routing?

Hello Martin,

Thanks very much for your explanation.

> So, locally generated packets marked in the OUTPUT chain have already been
> routed.

This is really quite sad isn't it? I was attempting the following for
locally generated packets:

iptables --append OUTPUT --table mangle --match owner \
         --uid-owner 500 --jump MARK --set-mark 0x5

ip rule fwmark 0x5 table 5; etc ...

By matching the process uid or gid, I was counting on being able to
policy route based on who was asking -- quite a neat solution actually.
ip rule doesn't allow to match a uid/gid, and from your explanation, it
would be hard to imagine.

I don't suppose you have a way around this??

Cheers

Charles