Re: [LARTC] traffic controlling strategy

* alexandru matei <alex@xxxxx>:

> 1/ using default outbound shaping  on eth1 (outside interface) for
> outgoing and outbound shaping on eth0 (inside interface) for incoming
> 2/  using default outbound shaping  on eth1 (outside interface) for
> outgoing and inbound shaping (with IMQ) on eth1 (outside interface) for
> incoming
> Which combination do you recommand? Any reason for your recommandation?

I have the same problem and thinking of an third strategy:

3/ Splitting the outside interface into two virtual interfaces: eth0:0
for incoming, eth0:1 for outgoing traffic and routing the two interfaces
that both traffic seems to go out of the interface.

Bad english maybe, but probably totally wrong, too.

Kai
--
* mail kai.weber@xxxxxxxxxxx
  web http://www.glorybox.de