Re: RE: [LARTC] bandwidth limiting incoming data

> Message: 11
> Subject: RE: [LARTC] bandwidth limiting incoming data
> From: K S Sreeram <sreeram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: LARTC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 24 Jun 2003 09:18:18 +0530
>
> On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 22:05, S Mohan wrote:
> > Let us say eth0 is connected the Internet and eth1 to the local LAN. Then
> > shaping outgoing traffic on eth1 is equivalent to throttling incoming on
> > eth0. Another alternative is to use the IMQ device. I recommend the first
> > method.

Hi all

Mohan

Could you explain me why do you thinks that's is better to use
throttling incoming on eth0 instead of the use of IMQ??? any particular
technical explanation??? I'm asking cause i'm newbie and i've been
studying LARTC and IPTABLES.( believe , very hard stuff..80))

thanx's in advanced