[LARTC] Re: looking for bridging/filtering info

For information about ipchains/iptables see www.netfilter.org
The best up to date description of bridging I've seen is at
ebtables.sourceforge.net, lots of nice diagrams showing the interaction of
the bridge-nf code, ebtables and iptables - see doc ebtables/iptables
interaction on Linux based bridge. This should help clarify what order
things occur in.
Most of this code comes in the 2.5 kernel source tree, though patches are
available for 2.4.
Hope that this helps
Andrew