Re: [LARTC] etherchannel/port group/bonding plus vlan works well

Ryan,
	That's one way.

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 01:18, rgoldber-list-lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Computer is dell powerdge 350 with 2
> intel 82559 10/100 nic running stock 2.4.20.  I tried both the eepro100
> and the e100 drivers for the nics, both work   802.1q and bonding are modules.
> Switch is cisco 2924xl-en running ios 12.0(5)XU.

I recommend sticking with e100 and getting the latest version from
Intel.

In the mean time also get a package from Intel called IANS.
IANS will allow you to load balance or bond up to like 8 nics to one IP.

I used it for several years and it was assume.

> ANd here is the bare bones of the config for the switch
>
> interface FastEthernet0/1
>  port group 1
>  switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
>  switchport mode trunk
> !
> interface FastEthernet0/2
>  port group 1
>  switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
>  switchport mode trunk
> !
> interface FastEthernet0/5
>  switchport access vlan 5
> !
> interface FastEthernet0/10
>  switchport access vlan 10
> !

My switch config was different. When using IANS all I had to do was set
up a port group and map the interfaces to it.

interface FastEthernet2/3
 description Ethernet 1
 duplex full
 speed 100
 port group 1
!
interface FastEthernet2/4
 description Ethernet 2
 duplex full
 speed 100
 port group 1
!

> and all works quite well

Always good to know of other ways to do it. Your way is good to know,
because IANS requires at least one Intel nic.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.