Re: [LARTC] ip routing problems in 2.4.20

	Hello,

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Ard van Breemen wrote:

> Eh, just curious in how arp depends on routing... I've already
> seen how neigh/gc_thresh[123] can influence the reachability of a
> host, and that the routing cache can lock entries in the neigh
> table while they are being flushed, filling up the neigh table
> etc...

	When ARP packet is received the ARP code uses "input routing"
lookup (which can return cached entry) to determine what IP is
resolved. The result can be "local delivery", "forward", etc
but there are additional conditions that determine whether we
with additional checks.

	In your case I assume we already have cached
entry and without flushing it we can not provide actual/valid
lookup result. The rule is that if you care, after adding new
route you have to flush the cache. After adding IP addresses the
flush is automatically performed from the kernel but it is not
true for the routes.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>