[LARTC] Setting up an ip-tunnel

I'm totally new to this mailinglist so I apologise for all and any
profoundly stupid questions that I ask, but I haven't found what I was
looking for anywhere else.

Have looked everywhere for this but haven't found any examples that
apply to my configuration.
I have one computer that sits behind a firewall  and another computer
with a public IP-address outside the firewall. I would now want to set
up an ip-tunnel between these two so that they can communicate
"transparently". I'm desperate for this information as I _need_ to be
able to access the computer behind the firewall from the the one with a
public ip. Would very much appreciate it if you could be as thorough as
possible in your explanations.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick Börjesson