Re: RV: [LARTC] Re: My 1st BW Manager

Rio,

 : I give you real situation in my network:
 :
 :  eth0[PUBLIC.IP]
 : LINUX - BW - Manager
 :  eth1[192.168.1.10]
 :       |
 :       |
 : 4 hosts: 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.4
 :
 : My total bandwidth is only 128Kbit
 : All NICs are Realtek 10Mbit
 :
 : So the solution as you offered is to put each class 128Kbit/4 = 32Kbit?
 : If that so, then it would be good if i use CBQ qdisc, not HTB. I want to
 : use HTB because HTB burstable.

I would suggest the following configuration (as Stef has proposed):

 128kbit ceil 128kbit    +---- rate 32kbit ceil 128kbit <-- 192.168.1.1
         |               |
         +---------------+---- rate 32kbit ceil 128kbit <-- 192.168.1.2

                         +---- rate 32kbit ceil 128kbit <-- 192.168.1.3

                         +---- rate 32kbit ceil 128kbit <-- 192.168.1.4

Now, you have four different classes, one for each IP.  Each IP is
guaranteed 128kbit.  Each IP can consume up to 128kbit, if there isn't
competition with other classes.

You should use the qdisc with which you are most comfortable--both CBQ and
HTB can do this for you.  For reference, it seems that the experience on
this list leans toward HTB, though.

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown --- SecurePipe, Inc. --- mabrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx