Re: [LARTC] a simple setup with tbf and prio?

 : > TBF, as a classless qdisc, can only be a terminal qdisc.  That makes it
 : > far less complex than CBQ, which can support an arbitrary number of nested
 : > classes.
 :
 : Yes ok, I got that bit. I was merely wondering why TBF wasn't made
 : classful, like HTB is. Is there a fundamental reason why you couldn't
 : have a TBF that's classful?

Right.  OK.  Sorry--didn't mean to go on a feature-length tirade...I guess
that's where email conversations provide less opportunity to gauge the
audience.

Good luck, Frank,

-Martin

--