[LARTC] a simple setup with tbf and prio?

I'm trying to make a fairly average setup, I want to limit eth1 to
100kbit, and then prioritize things like ACK's and interactive traffic.

All the scripts I see do this with CBQ, however given the description
of it in the HOWTO, I think I'd be much happier having the limiting
done by a TBF. So what I'd like is to have the root qdisc be TBF, and
put a PRIO qdisc under this. However, from what I understand, I can't
put anything as a child under a TBF, not even a single other qdisc
because it's classless. Why is this? The concept of having a bandwidth
limiting qdisc as the root and putting prio queues under that makes
sense right?

Also, in the trivia section: Why won't the PRIO qdisc allow me to set
less than 2 bands?

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 21A7 C7F3
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl|chello.nl] ICQ#10074100            1FF3 47FF 545C CB53