[LARTC] RE: Intelligent P2P detection

I may be missing something, but could those of you who want to
track/identify these connections please tell me how to do it?
Are they supposed to be using a small fixes set of well understood
protocols? I thought not.  Also any of these connections can be
encrypted, right?
I think this approach is essentially hopeless.

It seems to me the only real solution is to know what are the
"real" services that you want to support and classify everything
else as junk.  You can tell the people in your network that you're
doing this and they can tell you what servers on what machines they
want you to add to the "real" class.

Probably you want to use something like ESFQ to share the junk
bandwidth.