[LARTC] Enabling source routing on an interface

hi,
    I wanted to source route a packet through one of
the interface on my linux box. I verified the
accept_source_route value in
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0 which had the value of
one. The Device structure is initialised as below in
file devinet.c

struct ipv4_devconf ipv4_dev_conf = {1,1,1,1,0,};
the fifth member of the structure is
accept_source_route, which is guess is by default
disabled.

Is this why i am not able to source route any packet
through the interface. If so can anyone help me with
this.

              Thanks in advance

With regards
Gurubaran