Re: [LARTC] How to do ensure bandwith

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 06:30, liang jian wrote:
>  >Stef Coene <stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:>On Tuesday 25 March 2003 03:18,
>  > liang jian wrote:
>  >
> >> Htb tree:
> >> 20:1
> >> 20:10 20:11
> >> 20:200 20:201 20:210 20:211
> >> http stream ensure 4Mbps
> >> ftp stream ensure 2Mbps
> >> smtp stream ensure 2MMbps
> >> other stream ensure 2Mbps
> >> so I want ensure 20:200 have 4Mbps for http
> >> 20:201 have 2Mbps for ftp and 20:210 have 2Mbps for smtp
> >> 20:211 have 2Mbps for other stream(default class )
> >> Each class don't permit lended or borrowed bandwith from each other.
> >> This is I want to get.
> >
> >Can you try to explain it a bit more?
> >
> >You created 4 classes, (200, 201, 210, 211) so I suppose you want :
> >200 : http traffic, 4Mbps
> >201 : ftp traffic, 2Mbps
> >210 : smtp traffic, 2Mbps
> >211 : other trafic, 2Mbps
> >
> >Each class is isolated so it never lends it unused bandwidth to other
> > >classes. And each class is never using unused bandwidth from other
> > classes. So >as example, http has 4Mbps and it never can use the
> > bandwidth of ftp (2Mbps) if there is no ftp traffic. So the 4Mbps is a
> > maximum bandwidth.
> >
> >What's the total bandiwidth available? You have 4Mbps for http and
> > >3x2Mbps for ftp,smtp,other. So the total bandwidth available on the link
> > is 10Mbps?
> >
> >Stef
> >
> >--
> >
> >stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
> >"Using Linux as bandwidth manager"
> >http://www.docum.org/
> >#lartc @ irc.oftc.net
>
> Yes ,that is my means :),my english is poor
No problem.

I have some remarks.  Why not let the 4 classes borrow unused bandwidth from
each other?  So if there is no other traffic then ftp, ftp can get 10Mbps.
But as soone as there is some other traffic, the ftp traffic goes down.

And if you want 4 isolated classes, why not just creating the 4 classes like
this :

                   20:1
20:200  20:201 20:210  20:211

You have to create the htb (or cbq) classes.  FIltering the traffic and
placing in the classes is easy (you can filter on ports).  Except maybe for
the ftp traffic because that uses dynamic ports.

Stef