Re: [LARTC] (no subject)

>>> You can do this with iptables + fw filter.  Mark the packets coming from
>>> each interface with a different mark and put the packets with the fw
filter
>>> in it's own class.
>>
>> But why do I need IMQ for this?
>
>Because it serves as sort of a virtual bucket (literally), in which you are
>collecting packets, comming from the physical devices, once you "-j IMQ"-ed
them
>whith iptables.

I've got three ADSL lines. ADSL1, ADSL2 and ADSL3.
When packets arrives I mark them in IPtables with 1, 2 or 3 so I can
know in my LAN interface what interface each packet arrived on at
the INTERNET interfaces, so each packet can be put into a HTB class
that represent each ADSL bandwidth.
In addition to this I also match for dest IP in LAN, and put each IP
in a different HTB class with different rates, ceil and prio. Also I
use SFQ in HTB.

This is it for shaping incoming packets from Internet on ADSL 1-3,
to my single LAN.

Now I want to shape what is coming from LAN going out on Internet's
ADSL lines. This I do by making three HTB qdiscs, one for each ADSL
line. As my LAN is NATed I don't know from whom I got a packet,
so I use mark in IPtables to identify an LAN IP with a HTB class.

This is how I shape. I don't know what is more clever, and I don't know
how IMQ could help me to do this neater, but I really would like to know.

regards,

Kjell