[LARTC] need suggestions

Hi all

iam new to LARTC, i was wondering if i can build some
kind of setup like sitara...

i have small setup in my university
i have 50 users, and Sitara people came and installed
for QOS box, and he is able to show me the how much
bandwidth consumed and qos services for different
users.
but box is quite expensive...
i have 2MB back bone connectivity with my uplink
provider

so i thought of build some kind of equavalent box

i was going through the lartc.org site, its quite
intrestting..

so i thought of subscribe this news group and take
some suggestions

1. 50 users going to be 200 users with in 2months
   so i would like to have some kind of upload and
download  restriction
2. if all users online, they should share all the
bandwidth equally, until i specify for the specific
client
3. download least priority like kazaa, mp3, avi, and
rest
4. i want accouting like sitara, how much bandwidth
iam consuming. ( peruser and all users) , total
5. sitara works in promiscuous mode, like no need to
mention any IP address to any interface
( is this bridgemode, iam not sure) how to build like
this kind of setup with out ip address and it will be
places between my users and cisco router between
like this

users----QOS box---switch---Router---ISP

Hope some one can help me to build this kind of box
and help me on hardware recomendations

blu
-----