Re: [LARTC] tcng and network processor

Chris Clark wrote:
> I am considering a project to translate tcc output (C code or external
> interface) to network processor code, so that the NP can do the actual
> traffic shaping.

As Jacob has pointed out, tcc's external interface is what
you're looking for.

> I have a platform using the Intel IXP1200 NP on a PCI
> card, which functions as a NIC for the host PC running Linux. This
> approach would reduce the processing load on the host.

It's about time somebody tackles the Intel NPs :-) Actually, it
would be good if - provided you get this project rolling - you
could find a way to get Intel to let you release your code
generator.

- Werner

 / Werner Almesberger, Buenos Aires, Argentina         wa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /