From: lartc-admin@mailman.ds9a.nl [mailto:lartc-admin@mailman.ds9a.nl]
On Behalf Of Chris Clark
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 12:03 AM
To: lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl
Subject: [LARTC] tcng and network processor

I am considering a project to translate tcc output (C code or external
interface) to network processor code, so that the NP can do the actual
traffic shaping. I have a platform using the Intel IXP1200 NP on a PCI
card, which functions as a NIC for the host PC running Linux. This
approach would reduce the processing load on the host.

Has anyone attempted anything like this?

I have never used tcng before, but I have been reading all of the
available documentation. Is there anything that I should know about tcc
or its output before I attempt this?

Thanks,
Chris