[LARTC] What failover solution for advanced router ?

Hello,

 Could someone experienced suggest good solution for failover
 advanced router ?

 The router for which I need redundancy is quite complex:
 1) has 5 interfaces
 2) uses the same network and the other network IP aliases on some interfaces
 3) uses bunch of policy routing rules
 4) uses proxyarp feature on some interfaces
 5) uses complex iptables setup [propably not important in this issue].

 What I need to achieve is basic failover, I do not criticaly need
 transparency failover.

 I found some docs about ip_takeover with fake utility but
 propably it has too weak features [and uses old ifconfig]. Also found vrrpd tool but
 I am confused if I can really depend on it for such a "multithread" configuration.
 Finally I consider using Heartbeat with set of scripts for "manual"
 bringing up all interfaces on preconfigured spare router in case of
 primary one fails.

 I would be very gratefull for some discuss about proper solution for my
 case.

Regards,
tw
--