Re: [LARTC] use of 'BW'(bandwidth) parameter in CBQ

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 10:04, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried setting the 'BW' parameter to 10Mbps for a 100Mbps link. Then i
> sent traffic as fast as I could and I got throughput of 95Mbps.
>
> So i guess that parameter is not used for rate-limiting a flow. What is it
> used for?
The bandwidth parameter is used for internal calculations and should be set
to the NIC speed.  So 100Mbit for a 100mbit NIC.  If you want to limit the
speed, you will have to add the bounded option and set the rate to the speed
you want to limit the traffic.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx