Re: [LARTC] multiple devices

Kristiadi Himawan wrote:
Hi,
I use two interfaces (eth0 and eth1) in my gateway and using HTB to
shape traffic from my internal network (eth0), so HTB using root dev eth0 to shape the traffic.
if I want to change root dev with eth1 (external),
what's the differences with the previous setting ...
which ones is better ?

Its not a question of better or worse, you don't shape traffic coming from somewhere but traffic going out an interface, so assuming eth1 is your connection to the internet and you want to shape traffic going to the internet you have to shape on eth1. If you want to shape traffic going to your internal network (probably coming from the internet) then you would shape on eth0.

Patrick