RE: [LARTC] Limiting Citrix printing traffic, so ensure interactive sessions

Hi,

> From: Stef Coene [mailto:stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx]

Very good page by the way! Your page was the first I found when
searching for linux and QoS.. Side note, do you have any other links to
graphing tools for the "controlled" traffic. For us it will be very
helpful to see how much traffic was passed/limited etc..

> Why proxy arping?  You can enable briding so the network
> don't know you are
> shaping.  If there is a problem with the brdige, just remove
> it and you can
> work again.

Because I don't know exactly how a bridge is build :-) But I'll read up
on that..

> > It seems that Citrix traffic uses dynamic port numbers so
> identifying
> > them this way seems impossible. If someone knows a way to
> use the u32
> > filter to select Citrix normal and Citrix printing traffic???

> How do you print?  To dedicated print-servers or to printers
> attached to
> windows boxes?

Queue lives on a local NT server, printer itself is JetDirect'ed.
Workstation (and thus the ICA client) spool to the server

> > The behaviour that I would like to get:
> > - If no other traffic, printing or interactive get 100%
> > - If other traffic, printing gets the rest
> >
> > I don't know if this is possible, acceptable would also be, let
> > printing never exceed 30% of the total bandwidth

> Very easy to implement it in CBQ or HTB.  The most difficult part is
> separating the printing traffic and the citrix traffic.

But I think we have the IP space in the office to split a small subnet
of for printers, that would solve this problem I guess

> Stef

Bas