Re: [LARTC] Limiting Citrix printing traffic, so ensure interactive sessions

> Very good page by the way! Your page was the first I found when
> searching for linux and QoS.. Side note, do you have any other links to
> graphing tools for the "controlled" traffic. For us it will be very
> helpful to see how much traffic was passed/limited etc..
Not really.  There are some other scripts, but none of them uses the output
of tc.  Most of them are based on iptables counters.  I'm still thinking
about rewriting my script so you can see the output of tc and also graphs
from iptables counters.  And I need a better interface.

> > Why proxy arping?  You can enable briding so the network
> > don't know you are
> > shaping.  If there is a problem with the brdige, just remove
> > it and you can
> > work again.
> Because I don't know exactly how a bridge is build :-) But I'll read up
> on that..
You have to enable it in the kernel.  And you need to install the bridge
tools (I think it's called brcfg).  After enabling the bridge, you have a
bridge device that forwards all traffic like a bidge and you'r done.
Filtering traffic can be done with the u32 filter.

> Queue lives on a local NT server, printer itself is JetDirect'ed.
> Workstation (and thus the ICA client) spool to the server
Can't you print directly to the JetDirect boxes from the ICA server?  That
way you can easy mark the print traffic.

> > Very easy to implement it in CBQ or HTB.  The most difficult part is
> > separating the printing traffic and the citrix traffic.
> But I think we have the IP space in the office to split a small subnet
> of for printers, that would solve this problem I guess

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"