Re: [LARTC] quantity of qdisc

On Friday 10 May 2002 05:32, hanhbnetfilter wrote:
> if i have a lot of workstation to define bandwidth
> the quantity of qdisc(class) is very large. the
> performance will be impacted, please tell me how can i
> improve performance.
If you want to give each host a class, you can not change the number of
classes.  But you can make the filter part faster.  If you mark each host
with a iptables mark, that mark is also the class of the host.  Very fast
filtering, but you need also a lot of iptables rules.
There is also a WRR qdisc.  This qdisc will create for each host (or
mac-address) it sess, a class and will assign some bandwidth to this class.
Very easy if you have lot of hosts.

Stef

Btw, what are a lot of hosts?  1000, 10000, 100000, ... ?

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"