RE: [LARTC] shaping/routing

>> > I've been doing ipchains/tables firewalls for quite a while now, but I'd
>> > like to be able to do some bandwith shaping, and src-address based
>> > routing to specific net connections.

>> I'll again do some advertisement for my bytelimit patch :-)

> Just to clarify how this works, so I know it's going to work for what I
> need:  Let's say I have 10 subnets, I mark the packets coming from 3 of
> them with a 1.  Now I just set an out-going limit on packets marked with
> 1 to let's say 100 bytes/second.  Now, does the 100 bytes/sec apply to
> each connection, or to _all_ packets with that mark?

all packets with that mark. each packet running thru the rule with the
bytelimit match will be accounted for the limitation.

on the other hand, if you wanted to limit by connection, my patch can't
do it :( but when I'll be more familiar with conntracking code, I'll
try to do it.

Jerome Petazzoni <skaya at enix dot org>
--
'Oh, them as makes the endings don't get them,' said Granny.
(Maskerade)