Re: [LARTC] Limit traffic per session

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:30:32AM +0100, "Navarro Mart?nez, Juan Antonio" wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> 	I have readed the FAQ, and I would like to limit per session
> bandwidth, I means:
>
> 	Let us suppose that I have an FTP and I want to give for each
> session established a rate of 5 kbps.
>
> 	Then from any IP I connect to my FTP and I get 5 kbps, I establish a
> new session and I get 5 kbps, and again, but any session has a maximum of 5
> kbps.
>
> 	It's possible to do this with tc and ip commands? how?

This is the second most asked question on the list and on the IRC channel
(go there, 11 people already!).

The first one is 'I have x internet connections and now I want to ftp at
twice the speed'.

Perhaps people can figure out what they want *exactly* from this equaliser.
Because you probably want exceptions. Also note that SFQ may do part of what
you want.

Regards,

bert

--