Re: [LARTC] Two-way Shared Traffic shaping and NAT

> 	Though in Advance-Routing-HOWTO Section 9.1 its clearly stated that "With
> queueing we determine the way in which data is sent. It is important to
> realise that we can only shape data that we transmit". I wanted to work on
> setup someting describe below.
>
> 	Now instead of this 12Kbytes for individual upload and download; I want
> let user have total 12Kbytes; and sum of upload and download should not be
> more then this 12Kbytes. Is there any way to implementing traffic shaping
> over "from and to" an IP say 192.168.1.1?
Short answer : no
The queues of device eth0 and eth1 have no idea of each other.  This question
is been asked before.  Maybe you can dig in the archives to find more
information about this toppic.
Devik is developping something that can help you.  It's a virtual qdisc that
holds all packets from all queues before they are queued in the real queue.
From Devik : " It allows you to implement cross device bandwidth sharing.",
just wat you need ;-)

Stef