[LARTC] Multiple Internet Links problem

I have a network as such

Local Interface
eth0 local network 10.0.0.0

Internet Interfaces
ppp0 public static ip1
eth1 adsl static ip2
eth2 cable dyn ip3

I am trying to set my iproute2 table such that if any external connection
eg. a ping packet, comes up ppp0 to ip1, the reply packet goes back the
same way with the source ip of that interface. So if a ping request then
came to eth1 ip2 via that link from an external machine then the reply
packet would leave as source ip2 via eth1, and the same for eth2.

I have tried numerous examples but cannot get this working. I would prefer
to do this without using fwmark.

Any working examples will put me out of my prolonged agony :)

Here is one example of what I have been trying.

ip rule add to privatenetwork pref 100 table eth0
ip rule add from default dev eth2 pref 200 table eth2
ip rule add from default dev ppp0 pref 500 table ppp0
ip rule add from default dev eth1 pref 600 table eth1
ip rule add from privatenetwork pref 5000 table eth0
ip rule add from pppip pref 5001 table ppp0

ip route add to random_external_subnet via eth1gwip dev eth1
ip route add default from privatenetwork dev eth2 table eth0
ip route add to random_external_subnet via eth2gwip dev eth2
ip route add to privatenetwork dev eth0 table eth0
route add default dev ppp0
ip route add default dev ppp0 table ppp0
ip route add default dev eth0 table eth0
ip route add default via eth1gwip dev eth1 table eth1
ip route add default via eth2gwip dev eth2 table eth2
ip route add from eth1ip via eth1gwip dev eth1 table eth1
ip route add from eth1ip via eth2gwip dev eth2 table eth2

Thanks
Stephen