Re: [LARTC] Screwy network question

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 10:26:40PM -0500, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
> This doesn't come under the call of traffic control, but this group's
> about the best place I can think of to ask the question.
>
> Under IPRoute2, or Zebra, or GATED, or anything else that'll work, and
> looking at the attached PNG, does anyone have some suggestions for
> making this thing work?  R1 and R2 will have to use BGP4 to peer with
> the Internet 2 router.  R1 can fully advertise routes.  R2 must get
> updates but NOT advertise routes.  R2 or an additional box must NAT to a
> real address anything going to Internet 2.  R1 has no NAT requirements.

Your PNG is nearly unreadable, so if you can provide a better one, please
do. Also, do you have tangible problems already, or is this an openended
question?

I am very interested to help, but so far your question is pretty broad.

> The NAT/proxy boxes are not negotiable, as they are associated with
> school districts, and thanks to Congress, we have requirements for
> content filtering that are of questionable value, but are law.

'The land of the free'.

> Any thoughts or suggestions anyone might have would be appreciated!

Well, gated is old, and I don't thinkt it does BGP4. Zebra is pretty cool
and there is also another project like it that you might want to look into.
If I remember the name, I'll post it.

But please supply more information!

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services
Trilab                                 The Technology People