Re: [LARTC] How to use tc to limit bandwidth of a special IP in LAN

> tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:2 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate 1Mbit \
> allot 1514 cell 8 weight 100Kbit prio 3 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000 split 1:0 \
> defmap c0
- tc : command
- class : 'owns' a part of the traffic that flows through his parent
- add : add a new class
- dev eth0 : we are working onf device eth0
- parent 1:1 : parent of this class (see also option class)
	number : first part is the major number (equal for all classes and
parent who belongs to each other)
                 second part is the minor number : uniq number
- classid 1:2 : number of the class (first number = first number of
parent)
- cbq : type of class
- bandwidth 10Mbit : bandwidth of parent (should be the same for all
elements with same major number)
- rate 1Mbit : bandwidth of this class
- allot 1514 cell 8 maxburst 10 avpkt 1000 : forget these options for
now, just set them
- weight 100Kbit : Used to divide the traffic in the class.  When you
takes it 10 time less then bandwidth, everything will be fine
- split 1:0 defmap c0 :  ? ? ? ? Maybe to split the traffic?  I never
needed this options, so I don't know what this mean.  Just forget this
option for now.

> A small note on all these options would have saved me a lot of guess-work.
Better? ;-)

> But anyway, don't take me wrong. I think that iproute2 is one of the coolest
> networking tools I've ever seen.
Me to, you can do great things with CBQ but it really sucks and is not
accurate enough.