Re: Re: [LARTC] How to use tc to limit bandwidth of a special IP in LAN

Nothing like trial and error, but cone on, let's not have have each person
individually reinvent the wheel.  Many man hours are wasted trying to figure
out how the most basic commands work by experimentation, when it would be so
easy to just make a clear explanation of them in the documentation.  Some
examples of the command line would be most helpful.

While Linux, in general is not for the faint of heart, the doccumentation
for this particular set of tools is overly cryptic.  I, for one, am not a
programmer and can't "read the source code".  Not that that should be
necessary for anyone not refining it anyway.  With a good explanation of the
cammands and variables, those man hours could be spent working on innovative
ways to impliment these wonderful  tools, rather than trying to figure out
which end goes up.

I have spent days trying to do the most basic things with these new tools
that I accomplished in hours with 2.2.x, and have made some progress but it
does not have to be so difficult.

The Linux project is a wonderful thing!  Millons of people from all over the
world, working together and sharing their knowledge and ideas.  And creating
a first rate OS in the process.  Linux is gaining more and more support
every day.  I believe that it will soon find it's place in the commonwealth
that it is so deserving of, but for that to happen it's features must be
accessable to users other than the Elete.

Finally, the power is in the right place.  In the hands of the users. Let's
try and get along.  We are all on the same team.