Re: Re: [LARTC] How to use tc to limit bandwidth of a special IP in LAN

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 01:02:19AM +0200, Wingtung.Leung wrote:

> First, the best way to learn things is to try it. If you think that's a

I'm not opposed to trying. But just think how much time you'd waste if you had
to start from nowhere with apache/sendmail/bash/netfilter and many many other
applications. Of course you have the source and can figure out what they do
by going through the code line by line, but that's not the point.

Why do you think that your "GNU/Linux" has "Linux Documentation Project"????

> waste of time, you shouldn't be using GNU/Linux in the first place, but
> consider a commercial boxed Cisco router or something alike.

Actually, one of the reasons that I don't like the commercial products like
cisco is that you get:

Command			Comment
-------			-------
ip cef			enables cef
no ip cef		disables cef

but what the heck is cef in the first place?

Most of the Linux applications have an excellent documentation. iproute2 is
an exception.

> And secondly, the best and most accurate documentation: the source code.
> Every detail is explained there.

I'm glad that it's not coded in machine language...

> No offence.

non taken.

> A handle is just a tool or way to hold something, in this case a pointer
> or reference to the previously constructed class.
>
> (Please don't CC me, I'm already subscribed to the list.)

I'd expected more from an academicus as yourself. They used to have many
courses like "formele specificaties". Did they remove them from the programs?

Ramin