Re: [LARTC] Combining bandwith of two or more ADSLs ?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 06:52:29 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Last time I have posted the situation in detail, but no response
>yet is got. Let's think of this problem. Is it possible to combine
>two ASDLs which goes to the same ISP via diferrent gateways?
>I've search throughout google and got only one chart in 1999, like
>this one:
>
>ISP1                  ISP2
>  |                    |
>Gateway1            Gateway2
>  `-------+     +------'
>        eth0   eth1
>
>And the response is okay, since packets with different to-IP can be
>sent either through ISP1/2. But how to implement it? Under this
>structure (but only one ISP behind the gateways) I've tried both teql
>and 'ip route add default equalize nexthop via ... dev ... nexthop via
>... dev ...' commands, but in vain.
>
>Any comments, please?

 This is my setup on a SuSE linux box (add to /etc/rc.d/route or
similar):

       /sbin/route del default 2> /dev/null
       /usr/sbin/ip route add default \
               nexthop dev eth0 via 192.168.0.1 \
               nexthop dev eth0 via 192.168.0.2
       echo -e "Setting load balanced route (RoMaN) $rc_done"
       /usr/local/sbin/iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -j TOS
--set-tos 0x00
       /usr/local/sbin/iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -j TOS --set-tos
0x00
       echo -e "Hacking TOS to fix balance issue (RoMaN) $rc_done"

========

 192.168.0.1 y .2 are the adsl gateways. Iptables is used to trick the
TOS field and therefore sessions don't get messed.

 BTW, I've experienced some problems: from aprox 20 connections to my
stmp server I receive 1 connection failure. I don't know the reason.

 Try my config. Any feedback would be appreciated.

    ** RoMaN SoFt / LLFB **
       roman@xxxxxxxxxx
   http://pagina.de/romansoft