Re: [LARTC] Tricking routes to load balance + transparent proxying?

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:31:28 +0100, you wrote:

>    Sorry I replied the wrong message... Anyway... What are your ip rule
>settings, etc...??

 My settings are simple:

1) Setting up the multipath route:

/usr/sbin/ip route add default \
                nexthop dev eth0 via 192.168.0.229 onlink \
                nexthop dev eth0 via 192.168.0.230 onlink

 Note I've removed the "equalize" option. Anyway I think this option
does NOTHING if you don't patch your kernel so it should be the same
having it or not.

2) TOS hacking:

        /usr/local/sbin/iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -j TOS
--set-tos 0x00
        /usr/local/sbin/iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -j TOS --set-tos
0x00

 As I said this converts my machine in a load balancer based on (src
ip, dst ip) pair.

 The problem is squid which always use the same IP for ALL
connections. This breaks my balance :-(

 Right now?

PS: Mail.com (the company madrid.com domain belongs to) has had
problems and has rejected all mail during last day aprox. If all is ok
now, I'll start to receive all delayed mail. At least I hope so :)

>P.D. Roman?¿? Llevo un par de días intentando responderte a tu mensaje pero
>me los devuelve el servidor de correo.

 Lo dicho, problemas con madrid.com. Puedes intentar mi direccion
"directa" (madrid.com es un forwarder) si alguna vez tienes pbas:
roman@xxxxxxxxxx

    ** RoMaN SoFt / LLFB **
       roman@xxxxxxxxxx
   http://pagina.de/romansoft