Re: [LARTC] bootp_relay question

You can use the DHCP package from ISC:
http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP/

It contains a client, a server and a relay agent.
Relaying DHCP is not done in-kernel, as far as I know...

Regards,
Guy

Scott Purdy wrote:

I am trying to setup a Linux box to do routing between token ring and
ethernet.  I think I am almost done, but I have having problem with the
bootp_relay part.  I just want this router to forward a dhcp request to
another server that is assigned to hand out the proper dhcp information
back to the client.  Is bootp_relay just a 0 or 1 flag and uses a config to
read the IP address of the server? or does it store the IP information of
the server in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/bootp_relay? Is there a 'giaddr'
field that stores this information? Is something I have to modify in a
header field before compiling the kernel? I am using the 2.2.16 kernel, but
I think it probably the same for the 2.4 kernels.

I just can't find it document how to setup the relay information.

Thank you in advance for any information,

Scott

7 Campus Circle, Suite 1235-B
Internal ZIP: 01-02-40
Roanoke, Texas 76262