From: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Paul Wouters
Sent: den 28 februari 2001 18:07
To: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LARTC] Another newbyish question I'm afraid, -m state --state
matters

I'd like to be able to deny all new connections to a firewall, with the
exception of port 22 (sshd) and some ports I'd like to forward internally.

Now, there is this nice feature Rusty describes to do that:

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state NEW,INVALID -j DROP
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -m state --state NEW,INVALID -j DROP

However, it seems I can't make a rule that is using the state AND a
source/dest
port in there. Eg the following won't work:

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state NEW,INVALID --dport 22 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state NEW,INVALID -j DROP
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -m state --state NEW,INVALID --dport 25 -j
ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -m state --state NEW,INVALID -j DROP

Anyone? :)

Paul
--
Just patent your virus and sue the anti-virus companies for reverse
enineering it.